CCP Composites Canada Inc. – Brampton Facility Approach to Code Compliance
In this project PLC was tasked with assisting CCP Composites Canada Inc. with the development of an approach to fire and life safety code compliance for relocation of its Ontario facility from Mississauga to Brampton. CCP Composites, a manufacturer and distributor of polyester gel coats, polyester and vinyl ester resins, and putties, was in need of increased space to support its growing operations.
Major components of the project included:
- Site review of the existing Mississauga facility and of the newly acquired Brampton facility.
- Review of design documents including architectural, mechanical, electrical, and fire protection against applicable codes and standards (Ontario Building Code, Ontario Fire Code and National Fire Protection Association Standards)
- Documentation of review findings in the form of an approach to compliance report submitted to the City of Brampton in support of the Application for Building Permit.
- Support in meetings and negotiations with the City of Brampton Building Department, and Fire and Emergency Services during the Building Permit review stages.
- Support in the development of the Pre-Start Health and Safety Review following renovation in accordance with Ontario Regulation 851 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (Industrial Establishments) made under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Support in meetings and negotiations with the Ministry of Labour to commence storage and processing activities.
PLC also assisted in development of an approach to compliance for modification of various other industrial facilities storing, processing and handling flammable and combustible liquids, compressed gases, aerosol products and other dangerous goods.