PLC Fire Safety Solutions was established in 1983 making it one of the longest standing fire safety consulting firms in Canada.
This Canadian owned company was founded as a partnership with Professional Loss Control in the United States. The Canadian and American companies worked in association until 1995 when the Canadian company became 100% Canadian owned. PLC Fire Safety Solutions continues to work with colleagues in the United States to share technology and help meet project demands.
Since inception in 1983, Professional Loss Control has worked with industrial, institutional and commercial clients to resolve technical problems related to fires, explosions, and codes. Some important dates in PLC history:
- 1983 PLC starts operations
- 1996 Formal Quality Program initiated
- 2005 Quality Program certified to ISO 9001:2000
- 2007 PLC opens Greater Toronto Area (GTA) office
- 2014 Rebranding as PLC Fire Safety Solutions