PLC's use of the technical software is focused on the employment of the right technology to meet client’s needs. PLC has incorporated technical software into hydraulic analysis and fire modeling evaluations since the 1980's. As increasingly sophisticated software becomes available, every effort will be made to ensure PLC remains up-to-date on the latest developments.
Commercially Available Software
PLC is utilizing commercially available software for the following applications:
- Fire dynamics calculations
- Single compartment zone model
- Multi-compartment zone model
- Computational fluid dynamic model
- Hydraulic network analysis
- Lighting level calculator
PLC also utilizes computer models to evaluate explosion protection requirements and has developed a model to evaluate specific explosion effects.
Client Specific Software
PLC has developed the following software to meet client's needs:
- Performance-Based Fire Assessments for Nuclear Safety (PB Fans)
- Pool fire model with blocked entrainment
- Fire dynamic calculations
- Explosion pressure in adjoining room
All PLC developed software follows a quality process and is validated prior to use.