FIRE HAZARD ASSESSMENTS
Hazard Assessment is the application of technical methods to assist our clients' understanding of the impact of fire or explosion on their facility. For some clients, particularly in the industrial sectors, this assessment involves formal methods and reporting requirements. Various methods PLC has used include, but are not limited to, the methods listed below:
- Computer-Based Fire Modeling
- Structural Response Modeling
- Modeling of Fire Protection System Response
- Explosion Hazard Assessment (gases and dust)
- Preliminary Hazard Assessment (PHA)
- Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOP)
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Event Tree Analysis
PLC has also developed hazard assessment tools to help technical staff efficiently meet client requirements. These tools include computer-based fire models for evaluation of specific hazards and hazard assessment software applications to assist in coordinating hazard data and protection information for larger industrial sites.
Browse the Resources page on this website for more information on hazard assessment “Software” at PLC.