Water-based fire protection systems are the most common form of fire suppression for both the industrial and the commercial sectors. Types of systems include, but are not limited to:
- Automatic Sprinkler Systems
- Standpipe and Hose Systems
- Water Supply Systems/Private Fire Service Mains
- Fire Pumps
- Water Spray Fixed Systems
- Foam-Water Sprinkler Systems/Foam-Water Spray Systems
- Low- Medium- and High-Expansion Foam Systems
- Water Mist Systems
PLC technical staff is involved on NFPA committees and has the expertise to design cost-effective water-based fire protection systems that match the hazard with the appropriate level of protection. PLC can provide the design, including the preparation of specifications and drawings for water-based fire protection systems and for their associated fire alarm/detection systems. Services include preparation of tender documents for systems installation plus project management and contract administration.
PLC also has expertise in the inspection, testing, and maintenance (ITM) of water-based fire protection systems and can aid clients in developing and improving their ITM programs.